Shunji Matsuo 3: Cosme Cream Straightening

Beauty, Modelling Comments (29)

Photoshoot @ Forte Beitou Hot Spring Resort

Photographer: Priscilla
Location: Forte Beitou Hot Spring Resort

This a simple photoshoot my travel partner Priscilla aka Pingerrain did for me when we were in Taipei. This is my first time trying out long skirts with straw hats… Very countryside, and Taiwan-ish.
taiwan shunji matsuo photoshootI always like to put some quotes into my photos, to add some meaning to it. Many a times, when the path in front of us is steep, many people tend to lament about their bad luck or give up. Just remember to keep your mind even and move on!

beitou shunji matsuo photoshootSmile and laughter is something that should come naturally to us, yet nowadays, there’s more and more people getting depression. You know, you never know who’s falling in love with your smile. So smile more often!

shunji matsuo photoshootIn every industry, we will have our own little rat race. Cars, Condos, Cash, Credit Cards etc, many people are chasing after things that can’t exactly bring them happiness. Sometimes, a simple life, to enjoy life, is happiness.

taipei shunji matsuo photoshootI used to get depressed when my mum said I’m not allowed to do certain things, then my friends discouraged me, then people around me tell me it’s difficult. But if the life’s greatest pleasure is to be able to succeed and do what others say you cannot do, then you will be happier doing it!

shunji matsuo bloggerHappiness is simple. Freedom is simple. To live, is also simple. Try not to complicate it!

IMG_21262Priscilla had wrote a pose about Portrait Photography, sharing her experience taking photos for me, so do check it out if you are interested in photography too!

My Monthly Hair Affair Part 3: Cosme Cream (Japanese Straightening) @ Shunji Matsuo Ngee Ann City

If you realize, the above photoshoot was done with straight hair! After nearly a year, I’m back to straight hair! And I was just getting used to curly hair! Actually I was really excited to get my hair straighten because during the last session, Fannie (hair stylist) told me that my hair ends were still too damaged to do any more chemical treatments.

shunji3_cNo words needed to show how dry the “grass patch” was right? Well, this hair was approximately 1.5 months since my last hair treatment, and it had finally reached the length where Fannie said I can chop it off! But first thing first, touch up on the roots!

shunji root touch upI took this photo for fun and thought it looked like a side-shave with the hair dye on! Shunji Matsuo applied Argan oil on my scalp to protect the skin before doing the root touch up! Very important for a healthy scalp!

Cosme Cream Bonding

shunji matsuo cosme creamThe rebonding process is actually quite similar to the usual ones in neighbourhood salon, but here, they use the cosme cream which keeps the hair smooth and shiny with extra volume at the end of the hair (just like doing a treatment!), unlike other rebonding products which makes the hair too flat or straight.

shunji matsuo fannieAfter the first round of application, my hair was washed and dried and trimmed by Fannie. Now here comes the fixing (the shape) part.

shunji matsuo bloggerAs you see, my hair was curled in instead of keeping it straight. And also (if you realised), cosme cream allows rebonding to be done on dyed or bleached hair. This treatment-like rebonding can also reduce frizz and smooth out curls.

shunji3_bTa dah! Super star quality hair! I thought the lighting made me look like a mannequin in the photos 😛

Witness the Difference

As you can see the before and after, the straightening is very natural and not super straight! Rebonding is no longer the “in” thing nowadays, although it’s still very common. So I will definitely encourage people who are not adventurous enough to go for curls, and hope to try something new besides the usual rebonding, can try this cosme cream bonding or perhaps the perm if you want!shunji3_a

Cosme Curl (Japanese Perm): $200 (S) | $220 (M) | $250(L)
Cosme Cream (Japanese Straightening): $270 (S) | $330 (M) | $370(L)

Quote ‘Tiffany Yong‘ to receive 10% off any chemical service by international director stylist: Fannie
Ngee Ann City aka Takashimaya
Tower B #05-23, 391 Orchard Road, Singapore 238872
Tel: (+65) 6238 1522/1514
Facebook Page: Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio

Mon – Sat: 10:00 – 19:30 (last appointment)
Sun: 10:00 – 17:30 (last appointment)

Disclaimer: Please be rest assured that even though the products and services were sponsored, it does not have any bearing on the content of this post. Opinions stated are genuine and honest. Also note that all sources, information, content, links are valid to change at any time.

Quick Survey!

straight vs curlySo is straight hair or curly hair more suitable for me? Let me know by commenting below!

» Beauty, Modelling » Shunji Matsuo 3: Cosme Cream...
On September 4, 2014

29 Responses to Shunji Matsuo 3: Cosme Cream Straightening

1. Geraldine says:

Hi Tiffany, did you do any treatment on top of the Cosme Cream Straightening? If so, what treatment did you opt for? Thanks 🙂

• tiffanyyongwt says:

Hi Geraldine, the Cosme Cream straightening is a form of treatment itself. So i did not go for any other treatment! If you want, you can try asking the stylist for recommendation OR the Shiseido Hair treatment series!

2. Jo says:

Hi Tiffany, did they use the iron board on your hair? Have u tried the normal rebonding before? Is cosme cream straightening better than the normal one in terms of the lasting effect? Will it wear off soon?

sorry for bombarding u with so many questions. I’m doing a littlw survey now before deciding on which type of hair straightening i should go for. thanks 🙂

3. Paula says:

Is this Cosme cream avail at other salons aside to Shonji Matsuo?

• tiffanyyongwt says:

Hi Paula, I’m not sure about other salons. But you might have to call and check with the salon directly!

4. Misha says:

Hi Tiffany! I first got this treatment done in Japan (feb 2015) with the same product that you are using (Cosme Cream Ex) and I was wondering if your stylist applied this all over your head or just on the roots. If they applied this to all of your hair, was this what made your damaged ends smooth and shiny again? I’m due for a retouch.

5. says:

we have a new salon here in penang specialising in japanese straightening too! looks like all went well for you 🙂

6. Fernando Ceballos Lachica says:

Nice article with photos to collaborate your inner self. You’ve got what it takes to do photoshoot.

7. Nicol Wong (@yuk_lui) says:

aw you look amazing in those photos! and damn, I’m surprised at the before and after photos of your hair

8. Eliz@MirthandMotivation says:

The difference is quite impressive. They did a beautiful job on your hair. I’m not familiar with “rebonding.” What does it mean to rebond your hair?

9. latifahabdur says:

Great Images I too love adding quotes to photos. They help tell the story and add an empowering/inspiring tone.

10. Vanessa says:

What I like about the cosme cream straightening procedure is that your hair was curled in instead of keeping it straight. The fact that this innovative product allows rebonding on treated hair is also amazing. It got me when you said it helped reduce frizz because that is a great problem of mine!

11. Janice Min says:

Nice OOTD and pictures 😀 Enjoy reading it so much. Your hair looks great too! 🙂

12. sinyee0504 says:

OMG!!! I feel the pain when looking at your damaged hair… The cream sound good huh… After treatment, it finally look healthier. =)

13. Russ R. says:

I love how your hair looks so naturally straight and not stiff straight. And, straight hair looks perfect on you. PS. Nice shoot 🙂

14. Loudthinkin says:

You look like a doll in straight hair! Beautiful photos and quotes! Enjoyed reading them!

15. Marie Clara says:

Love the quotes in each photo. They are inspiring and motivating! 🙂 I also love your new hair. Mine’s super damaged! :'(

16. Franc Ramon says:

I think you’re better off with straight hairs. The inspiring quotes in the photos from the stairs is really motivational.

17. Fred says:

Nice hairstyle and OOTD. The photography of you on the stairs looking shy is very flattering on you. – Fred

18. Louise says:

First of all, I would like to say I super love your skirt! ANYWAY, when I was scrolling through the photos first and was just scanning through the blog post, I also had a question in mind… “Won’t her hair go dry since it was treated with her hair dyed?” It was a nice to know that there are now treatments that can do this.

I personally believe you look better in straight hair. I guess, curly hair are better if its long. Have you ever tried growing your hair & curling it?

• tiffanyyongwt says:

I’m bad with curling tongs! I’ve always wanted to try that (long hair with curls) but somehow I’ve never gotten to it!

19. sriches says:

Lovely post and love all the images. Smile because you never know who is falling in love with your smile… a reason for me to have a perma-smile on my face! 🙂 Simone x

20. hannah says:

Great shoot. I love the first photo and your new hair is amazing, so shiney and smooth!

21. aaynoor says:

I really like your writing style and it is a great post.