Letters to Heaven Ep 8 (Letter to Sebastian)

Filming Comments (18)

Letters to Heaven: Letter to Sebastian

Letters to Heaven is a docu-drama that celebrates the beauty of human bonds. From the undying connections between parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, as well as husbands and wives, the programme features multi-racial profiles from all walks of life and accounts their attempt and effort in keeping that connection alive.

This episode was dedicated to Sebastian, a guy who loves singing but was found to contract cancer when he finally got in for Singapore Idol. The video below is a snippet of my part with “Sebastian”.

behind the scenes

Before my makeup!

I was actually rushing through my Cineleisure Next Online Sensation contest when I received the role. I felt really lucky and grateful to be given this role, as I didn’t audition for this production at all. When I received the script, the character was labelled as Idol Wannabe, and I was surprised by the amount of lines (tongue twisters too) she had to rattle!

letters to heaven

‘Sebastian’ getting read for his audition

This “Know-it-all” idol wannabe chatted with Sebastian before auditions and I heard from the director, that this is perhaps the only “happier” moment in the episode, before Sebastian found out that he was down with cancer. It’s a very different character from the ones I acted before… and if you noticed, she joked about the “terminal disease” and how it can be used to make him famous. This is something Sebastian did not do.

Letters to heaven

“Sebastian” and me!

I had absolutely no idea what the whole story was about before watching that episode. So it really “hit me hard” when I realised that what I said became true later on. I could relate to this episode particularly well, perhaps because I have a similar dream as Sebastian. Not to get into the Singapore Idol, but to be able to act full-time.

Besides feeling sad, and to remember Sebastian, it would perhaps be better to learn from him, not to give up on your dreams, as life is full of unexpected twists. Don’t take “tomorrow” for granted, as “tomorrow” might not come.

» Filming » Letters to Heaven Ep 8...
On April 1, 2013

18 Responses to Letters to Heaven Ep 8 (Letter to Sebastian)

1. Cebuana Mom says:

Nice read. Thank you for sharing!

2. Loudthinkin says:

You are looking lovely in the snippets! I like the sensitive stories on which the document drama revolves.

3. 3xhcch says:

Did you have to sing as a Singapore Idol wannabe? The lead actor does not look like a typical Singaporean? Is he from overseas? – Fred

4. papaleng says:

Looks like a good docu-drama series to watch. The story about a person battling the Big C is really inspiring. Congrats for landing a role in this one.

5. Eliz Frank says:

Is this considered a soap opera or a short movie? It sounds like a soap opera to me. I’m glad you got a role in this episode and maybe they will use you for more productions. Good for you! 🙂

6. franckxethee says:

It seems like a heart breaking episode. It’s right not to take tomorrow for granted as not everybody gets the luxury of tomorrow.

7. Vanessa says:

Wow, I laughed a lot while watching the short episode 8 of Letters to heaven, the dialogue with Sebastian was so funny! I am looking forward to episode 9 to see what happens with the audition!

8. Alissa says:

I’ve never heard this before but wow, didn’t know that you act. 🙂 You’re right though. Do not give up.

9. phyliciamarie says:

You should act in more pieces like this since it’s more relatable, it’s a pretty sad story, but inspiring at the same time. Keep moving to achieve your dream, Tiffany!

10. rochkirstin says:

OMG anyone with cancer should be boosted with a lot more confidence and esteem especially when they are already at the terminal stage. Joining Singapore Idol must mean the world for him.

11. Sunshine Kelly says:

Though I never watch this series but I find it quite motivational and inspiring. We should not give up so easily, there are many tests and challenges in everyone’s life.

12. Mia Foo says:

never heard of this production at all. i guess that’s because i hardly watch local tv. hahaha! is that your real voice in the video?

• PingEr Rain says:

Yeah, Mia, that’s her real voice. I think it does not just hit home with you but with me. It takes a lot of courage and realisation to realise that tomorrow is not coming, or doesn’t exists.

13. Raymond Vasquez says:

Clap! Clap! Applause to you tiffany! Wow, I didn’t know you’re an actress! this is it! I think you’ll make a good actress! Even with the snippets I can see you’re a natural! Keep it up! Kudos!

14. Dannea says:

not to give up on your dreams, as life is full of unexpected twists. Don’t take “tomorrow” for granted, as “tomorrow” might not come. — this is beautiful and well worth taking to heart.

15. Hina Naz says:

Very interesting story. One should never get up. Very motivational story that besides suffering with Cancer and got selection in Singapore Idol.